March 23, 2010

Paint me mine


We started an addition on our house a while back and slowly but surely, it's coming together. We recently shopped around for paint and are honing in on a deep navy color with white trim.

The exisiting portion of the house is a worn sage green and the addition just has the standard gray-colored siding, so aside from living with a two-tone house for much longer than my sense of annoyance could possibly allow, I'm pretty revved up about the new paint to tie it all together.

Wavey helped put up a sample swatch...

...but then preferred to strike a pose when she saw I had my camera out:

And while discussing the color options, Wav said, "Let's not choose yellow or else people will think we peed on the house." 

Classy.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Two Little Tots said...

good color! and i had to laugh at wav's comment...so funny!

Bumpkin Hill said...

Thanks for your kind words on my Blog. LOVE this new paint colour, isn't it funny what kids can say!! Catherine x

Amy said...

I love the idea of navy with white trim. That will look so clean and sharp. Great choice!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love her pose - looks like a little diva in the making :)

(I've got one too)!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Thanks everyone - I'm just glad that yellow was never an option or else I'd always think of Wav's opinion!