May 10, 2010

The award for Best Performance goes to... Big Cookie

I'm usually the one behind the camera, but I wanted a yearly Mother's Day photo despite my hair being pulled back and messy.  The kids wanted their dolls in the photo, too.  Well, they're really Wavey's dolls, but Griffin doesn't like to be left out so he grabbed an undressed doll which you can see I'm trying to push it down as low as possible. Wavey was pleased that the doll on the left she calls "Baby Doody" (I swear, the naming was all her idea) made a photo appearance.

In the morning, this was the sign that greeted me as I approached a made-by-kids pancake breakfast:
It cracks me up how Lil' Rascals-ish the sign is.

After breakfast, I took Wavey to her first live performance play showing "The Velveteen Rabbit." When I asked later what her favorite part of the show was, she said, "When it was break time in the middle [intermission] and we went outside and ate a big cookie."

At least she remembered something.

Photobucket

PS: One of my favorite shops Tiny Sprouts is hosting a $75 gift certificate giveaway in honor of Mother's Day.  Check it out!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

That sign cracks me up too. Also so very clear on its instructions! Nice to see a photo of you, as well! xo

Unknown said...

I love the photo! and the sign! And we all get alittle distracted by a cookie ;o)

hugs
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

great picture! Cookies always get me too :)

Two Little Tots said...

Love this post...the picture and the sign. So cute. That was one thing I didn't get yesterday...a picture with the girls, bummer!

Into Ablivia said...

LOL! none of the dolls in our house have any clothes either.

Sue said...

LOVE love love the sign. Great photo too! Your family is beautiful!

Amy said...

I love the picture of you with the kiddos! So often we forget to put ourselves in the pictures. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

ThatsWhatSheSaid said...

Nice pic! I see Baby Doody made the appearance, but what ever happened to her friend Baby Trudy? Doody and Trudy, I believe was the original duo.

The Rodriguez Crew said...

great pic of you with the kids! that sign made me laugh out loud! no sugarcoating there, they meant business!