May 13, 2010

DIY silhouette: One big puff

Wavey was pretty bent out of shape when she saw Griffin's DIY silhouette and kept pestering me asking why there wasn't one for her yet. Fiiiine.



Given her crazy-curly locks, I figured a silhouette in her signature hairdo - "The Single Puff" - would memorialize it forever, and also be easier than trying to decipher around a blob of curly hair.


Same deal with the black cardstock, tracing paper and image to trace around.  I printed the photo in reverse so when the silhouette was trimmed and flipped, she would face opposite of Griffin's image when side-by-side:


To make it more girly, I added eyelashes:


The final, framed result:



Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Not many pics exist - but my hair is EXTREMELY curly (I flat iron every day)... I think you did the right thing with the "puff" pose cause we curlies get lost in our hair lol... they turned out fantastic!

hugs
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

They look great.

{I have always wished for curly hair. When I was little I would sleep with sponge curlers in my hair.}

Two Little Tots said...

so cute! where did you hang them? i should do some of the girls, but i am not sure where i would put them right now...but i do have a lot of bare walls.

always wanted curly hair...now i just use the curling iron. and the girls-straight hair. k has a little more going on then m.

The Rodriguez Crew said...

memorialize the puff, HA! That turned out fantastic! I love the matting you used... adorable!

Into Ablivia said...

Love the pink and blue! Looks awesome.

Mandy England said...

This is amazing! I love the eyelashes! :]

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love these...both, especially the eyelashes! SO girly!

Joanna G said...

Beautiful silhouettes and I love the puff!

RyansMommy said...

OMG! I was just thinking about doing this a few days ago! Then I see it here!! You know great minds... LOL

RyansMommy said...

BTW- they turned out AMAZING!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Aww, thanks everyone for digging my silhouette! I recommend it as an easy-to-moderate level craft that just about anyone can do!