May 28, 2010

Having my cake and eating it too.

Its been feeling like a cake kind of week, and Memorial Day will probably be a perfect excuse to make/eat one.  Which reminds me that I forgot to share how cool Griffin's birthday car cake came out (made by my talented mother-in-law):

We have a rule in our house that if you want a particular slice of a cake, you can have it.  Case-in-point: Wavey wanted a piece in the dead-center.  After all, it's just cake...why be forced to eat from the ends in?


Speaking of cakes and celebrations, check out this well-decorated husky cake from Jessica at Barefoot by the Sea.  Patience and talent never looked so delicious:

Have a great holiday weekend and be sure to check back next week...an exciting Good Gravy! Giveaway is coming soon!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

both are adorable! And I am with Wavey... give me a center piece!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I like a girl who knows what she wants!