June 25, 2010

"Pom-poms." Say it with me.

Little known fact: I served a very brief stint as a cheerleader in college.  I'll blame it on my love for pom-poms.
I've been swimming in pink and brown tissue paper this week assembling decorative pom-poms to hang from an outdoor tent at Wavey's birthday party this weekend.  Martha has a decent DIY tissue paper pom-pom tutorial, but my own final product lacks the super-clean lines that only Martha and her employed minions can acheive. 

Photos of the party will be shared next week.  Rah! Rah! Rah!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see pics! Yeah, the key to those dang things is pull ever so gently! ...and a little known fact - I served a brief stint as a flag girl until I almost knocked myself unconscious with the pole - finally acknowledging I have no coordination... no jokes about my love of poles rofl

hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Oh, Kim. We have SO much to discuss. :)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Seriously! I have a similar theme...I am also doing some pom poms in pale pink! Don't know if I can pull it off but I'll try. Happy Bday party to Wavey!

Two Little Tots said...

oh, i think they look great! they don't need to be perfect! and i am so happy you are making them...way to go...i can't wait to see pictures and i wish i was coming!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures! I want to try the pom-poms...but I'm afraid they will just end up looking like wadded up balls of paper :)