July 20, 2010

Get your craft on: DIY monogramed dish towels

There's a new love in my life named "Heat n Bond."  Oh, how I love thee for your no-sew qualities.

I've asked my sister to not check my blog this week so I could share with you a housewarming gift I made for her and her roommate: a monogrammed dish towel.  There seems to be no reason why the two girls must be married (not to each other, just generally speaking) in order to enjoy monogrammed towels.  Here's how it went down:

First, I printed their initials and an ampersand in reverse so I could trace it onto transfer paper.  I did the transfer after putting the Heat N Bond onto one side of my fabric.

Next, I cut out the letters...the ampersand was a killer and having tiny, sharp scissors was a must:

I peeled off the backing of the Heat N Bond, placed the cutouts where they belonged and marched over to my super ugly ironing board to finish things off:

The final results!  Cute, simple and practical.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Mandy England said...

So cute! I don't think I'd have the patience to cut the letters out though! :]

Em {Emerging Em} said...

Those are really cute! Where did you find the transfer paper, though? I've been looking for some.

Two Little Tots said...

really cute! hope she likes them!

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

I like a lot!

Tania said...

ahhh, so cute and such a great idea!
love it.

Tasha said...

So cute. I love heat and bond too. It is one of my best friends. Ever. I love both sew and no sew. Such a great product. Your dishtowel turned out so cute!

Sara D. said...

I am SHOCKED that you don't sew...probably best for the rest of us, though, your stuff would be way too cute.

Does heat and bond hold up in the wash? I need to try this out...

hiyaluv said...

i am so excited! i love your site!!! i am a new follower!
smiles, gina