August 31, 2010

Lunch-able

Preparing lunches can be a real snoozefest around here.  But maybe inspiration from the talented Melissa at Another Lunch would help my noontime causes:


I mean, really?  With the hotdog?!  I can't take the cuteness right down to the "eyes:"


This is what I call a lunchbox full of goodness:


And then my personal favorite creation from the site, Little Bunny Foo Foo:


Of course while all the featured lunches are pretty balanced and nutritious, she really had me at the tin of cotton candy.  Not to mention that it would be hilarious to pack a sea of hotdog octopi into my husband's lunch. 

Photobucket

9 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Those are lunches my kids may actually eat (besides just tatertots)!!

hiyaluv said...

before i worked like a crazy person i actually made my fiance's lunch on the regular. now i feel like a slacker because i never make his lunch. yes, i am feeling terribly guilty about this. :(
gina

Mandy England said...

O my word! Too adorable. And there's even field mice for little bunny foo foo to bop on the head! Love :]

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I'm all about the bento boxes this year. I discovered (after my little returned home with one bite out of her sandwich) that there were some great options out there!

That hot dog is super cute and I love that princess~!

Karen @ Barefoot in Portland said...

These are such great ideas! Meals are such a challenge at my house....I am definitely going to try some of these! Thanks for sharing!

Sara D. said...

Oh, I LOVE it. I wonder how hard it is to make the octopus? I can easily see myself burning through a 16-pack of hot-dogs just trying to figure it out!!! Also, you can stick uncooked spaghetti noodles in hot dog pieces and boil the whole thing...ends up looking like a jellyfish!

Tania - JULIAN & Co. said...

I'm in love with the angel sandwich and the star cheese. great post!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Christina said...

Where's the PB though? Good lord that's the only thing we'll eat around here! Sigh ...