August 4, 2011

Pottymouth convict

I'm pretty determined to retain my Mother of the Year title.


Wavey drops a shoe and says quietly under her breath, "Oh s---, I dropped that."

I whip around and ask, "What did you just say?" which is followed by 10 minutes of me gently pleading her to verify the word I was pretty sure I heard.

Finally, she admits the word and I ask her which friend from school taught it to her.  She gives me a smirk and says, "No one from school.  YOU say it all the time."

&%$#@, she's right. 

At least she used it in correct context.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy said...

They always do! That's the amazing thing...their timing is spot on!

Mandy England said...

Haha... amazing what they pick up, isn't it? And a good reminder that I should start removing some of my own colorful words of choice now... before Abigail says them in front of my mother. :/

HiLLjO said...

When we were just down in Kansas City at our friends' sister's house, her 2 year old cannot make the shhh sound so he sucks in instead. So all his "D-bags" are Dou-*suck in chhhh* bag.

when asked where he got that from he said "daddy!"

lol!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

You crack me up. At least she's honest!

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Sigh.
Guilty.

Lorie said...

I always say "What the..." and let it trail off. My parental censoring.

Well now my 3 year old duaghter has started saying it, and it really doesn't matter if you don't say anything after "the..." when a 3 year old says it with the right inflection it still sounds bad!!

Parenting is so fun!

michelle @ this little light said...

Oh, geesh! My Boy was apparently shocked by his friend's behavior the other day and amidst the playdate uttered "What the hell?!" Charming. Better figure out what phrase I'm going to use in its place...and soon.

By the way, I like a passionate "Sugar cookies!" in place of the less palatable "S$%t!" Plus it's fun to say. :)

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

ha! I've had the same conversation with mine too. And I'm with you, at least is was the right context :)

Judy said...

You, my dear, are a riot!! Reading this post has just relieved me of 31 years of guilt from being the Mom who always said "S*%t!" instead of "Sugar" like a lot of those other perfect Mom did.